Kreg Lindberg teaches and conducts research in tourism and outdoor recreation.
Current and recent projects include:
- Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Planning (SCORP) surveys for Oregon State Parks.
- Visitor surveys along the McKenzie River Corridor for the Willamette National Forest.
- Visitor and public preferences for development of visitor services in Norwegian national parks, for the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (UMB) and the Norwegian Research Council.
- Oregon OHV economic impact analysis, for Oregon State Parks.
Kreg also volunteers as a recreation/tourism representative on the federal Deschutes Provincial Advisory Committee and the Deschutes Collaborative Forest Project, as well as a participant in the Bend-Fort Rock Ranger District Trail User Group (TUG).
He has a Ph.D. in forest social science with a minor in economics from OSU (1995), a masters in international relations from the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies, and a bachelors in history from Dartmouth College. Kreg has traveled in more than 40 countries and has worked in 15 countries on 6 continents.
When he's not in class or on the computer, Kreg's out hiking with his dog, road or mountain biking, cross-country skiing, or exploring backroads in the forest.
Faculty Profile, Quarterly Cruise, OSU College of Forestry, Fall 2012
OSU-Cascades "It's in the Bag" Lecture - Nov. 5, 2008
- About OSU-Cascades
- Vice President
- Board of Advisors
- Strategic Plan
- Points of Pride
- Community Events
- Maps and Directions
- Safety on Campus
- Social Media
- Contact Us
- Academic Programs
- Undergraduate Programs
- American Studies (BA/BS)
- Applied Visual Arts (BFA)
- Art (BA/BS or Minor)
- Biology (BS or Minor)
- Business (BA/BS or Minor)
- Computer Science (BS)
- Energy Systems Engineering (BS)
- English (Minor)
- Exercise and Sport Science (BS)
- General Science (BS)
- Human Development and Family Sciences (BS or Minor)
- International Studies (Double Degree)
- Liberal Studies (BA/BS)
- Military Science (Minor)
- Natural Resources (BS or Minor)
- Political Science (Minor)
- Psychology (BA/BS or Minor)
- Social Science (BA/BS)
- Speech Communication (Minor)
- Sustainability (Double Degree)
- Tourism and Outdoor Leadership (BS or Minor)
- Graduate Programs
- Undergraduate Programs
- International Programs
- Research & Scholarship
- Student Success Center
- Student Resources
- Student Online Services
- Make A Gift
- Commencement 2013
- FORCE Lab