Veterans Information

OSU-Cascades is committed to supporting Veterans who attend our institution. We are here to assist you in making a smooth transition from military life to student life, or transition from a transfer institution to the culture of OSU-Cascades.  We are dedicated to providing you with information, tools, and services that will help you be successful at OSU-Cascades.

New Students First Steps

First time receiving Veterans Benefits:

Veterans Benefits were previously received at another institution:

  • Fill out a VA Form 22-1995 Change of Place of Training Form. Send a copy to the Veteran Certifying Official, located in the OSU Registrar's Office. You advisor can send the form for you to OSU-Corvallis as well.  
  • If you are a dependent receiving Veterans Benefits (CH 35) to transfer your benefits from another institution to Oregon State University, complete and submit to the Registrars’ VA Form 22-5495. 

Requirements for Veterans Benefits Each Term

You are receiving benefits through OSU; OSU is your parent school. COCC needs approval from the Veteran Certifying Official at OSU allowing COCC to certify your COCC courses. 

  • Contact your OSU-Cascades advisor to receive verification for the courses you are registered at COCC for the next term.   Email your advisor with your ID, the term you are referring to, and a list of your COCC courses.  It is important to be clear in your email that you are requesting verification for Veterans Benefits. 
  • Your OSU-Cascades advisor will e-mail the verification to the Veterans' Certifying Services at OSU Corvallis Registrar’s Office. 
  • The Veterans' Certifying Services in OSU Corvallis will send a "Parent School" Letter of approval to COCC.  
  • COCC will then be able to certify you to the VA for the specified courses.  
  • If you change your schedule notify your advisor right away if adjust your schedule. 

Please contact the OSU Veterans Certification Services directly with any questions about the certification process. Your academic advisor cannot check certification processes.  

Resources and Contacts

OSU Veterans Certification Services

Veterans Certifying Offices: Cathy Walker
Office of the Registrar
102 Kerr Administration Building
Corvallis, OR 97331-8519
Email Address:
Phone Number: (541) 737-4331/Fax: 541-737-8123

Oregon Department of Veterans Affairs

Additional Resources and Funding

  • OSU Institutional Tuition Remission Programs  - Gus Bedwell is a helpful resource for these programs